Success Mentors are upperclassmen who provide peer mentoring and academic support through individual and group activities (i.e. study groups and workshops) relating to community building, civic engagement, and academic tutoring. Success Coaches train and supervise Success Mentors. Scholars may sign up for mentoring any time.
Success Mentors help Scholars:
- Navigate the academic and social challenges of university life
- Connect with helpful resources and high impact experiences on campus
- Assess their level of content mastery in order to identify and address gaps in conceptual understanding (academic tutoring)
- Deepen their understanding of course content and achieve their academic goals
- Design study strategies appropriate for your course content and aligned with your learning preferences
- Develop technological and critical-thinking skills within and beyond the classroom