Tutoring is provided by trained and experienced Success Mentors. Tutoring is conducted during scheduled, one-on-one, weekly sessions. Tutoring is available Monday through Sunday on the Douglass, Livingston, Busch and College Avenue campuses.
Subjects Offered Include (but not limited to):
- Elementary and Intermediate Algebra
- Pre-Calculus and Calculus
- General Biology 115 & 116
- General Chemistry 161 & 162
- General Physics & Extended Physics
- General Psychology & More
- Genetics 380
- Expository Writing, Basic Comp & EAD
- Business Courses
How to sign-up:
Once you attend one of our information sessions at the beginning of the semester, you will be able to sign up for tutoring. Just follow these steps:
- Log in at our website
- Click the top link "Tutoring Request Form"
- Select the campus and course
- The red "A" means it's available - if you don't see something check a different campus
- Click the "A", then the picture of the tutor
- Check your personal information
- Click submit then wait for a confirmation email.
Please contact the Tutoring Coordinator (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or have trouble logging in or finding a tutoring session that fits into your schedule.
If you are participating in the Grant Aid Competition, each tutoring session will earn you additional 1 point towards the competition.
How to Cancel a Session:
Once you sign up for a tutoring session, you are expected to be there every week. However, if for whatever reason you are unable to attend a session, you must cancel with a minimum 12-hour notice. As all of our tutors are also undergraduate students, this will provide them with enough notice to adjust their already busy schedule. You may cancel a tutoring session by clicking on “Cancel My Upcoming Tutoring Session” after you log in to your SSS account.