2020 Academic Year Timeline
Application: Currently Open
Information Tabling: Friday, February 21 | 10:00am-2:30pm | Busch Student Center
Orientation: Week of March 2- March 6 | 8:30am -5:00pm | Lucy Stone Hall A 321
Open House & Orientation: September- October
Application Closes October 30 or once al available slots are filled
Enrolled SSS Scholars have access to:
- Success Coaches to help with short and long-term educational planning
- Success Mentors to provide academic tutoring and peer-to-peer activities
- Interactive workshops and study groups with peers
- Funding consideration to participate in academic and professional development opportunities (i.e., networking events, research conference, or graduate school tour) (By application only)
- Technological devices and textbooks (available by reservation)
(i.e., calculators, STEM textbooks, GRE/MCAT/LSAT books, as available)
- Social and cultural experiences (i.e. Broadway show, study abroad or alternative break)
- Smart technology study spaces, and printing
How to Apply?
Step 1: Complete the SSS Eligibility Self-Assessment in order to determine if you are eligible to apply!
- A U.S. citizen, a national, or otherwise a legal recipient of federal financial aid
- A first-generation college student (Verify HERE), and/or
- An income-eligible student (Verify HERE.)
Step 2: Visit SSS Application Page to complete the online application and then:
Personally, submit verification of your financial eligibility. Submit a signed copy of the first two pages of your
own or your parent/guardian’s signed 2018 1040 federal tax document that clearly
shows your name listed as a dependent OR a notarized Non-Filer Statement via mail, in-person or
email. (MUST BRING TO THE SSS OFFICE. DO NOT EMAIL OR FAX).
See F.A.Q. Section for more information or email email@example.com if you have additional
Step 3: Once all documents are received we will review your application and notify you by email of your
application status and/or request a meeting to gather further information. Please allow at least one
Note: Applications without required documentation are considered incomplete. We will not review applications until all documentation is received. To verify your application and supporting documentation have been received you should contact the office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.